Today is one of our very favorite topics... listener's questions! We really love hearing from you and helping your solve your decorating issues!
Remember to email us with your questions
Gail G asked HOW DO YOU HANDLE THE "UGLY" THINGS?
- we tape cords behind the furniture
- put cords behind curtains
- Photoshop them out (if you are a blogger)
- sticky back velcro Here
- cord sleave HERE and HERE
- get a charging station to hide lots of cords HERE
Patricia wants to know HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR DRESSER DRAWER?
- use dividers
- roll your clothes
- undies- fold or roll
- use Bespoke Decor Sheet Bags see them HERE
- use pretty sachets in your drawers like the ones at Bespoke HERE
Sarah Campbel wants to know HOW TO HIDE SEAMS IN FORMICA COUNTERTOP?
- we collectively say- just leave it alone. Once all your decor is in your laundry room they won't be very noticeable.
Jackie W wants to know WHERE WE FIND COLORFUL HANDLE FLATWARE?
- I find all my silverplate at vintage shops and swap sales
- see flatware with colorful handles HERE, HERE, HERE
AND SHOULD YOU USE A TABLECLOTH AND PLACEMATS
- Yvonne says don't make yourself so much work. One or the other. Or a table runner and placemats
- Anita says why limit yourself. Do what you love
Amy M want to know DO YOU PAINT YOUR WALLS THE SAME COLOR AS YOUR TRIM?
- Anita says if you love your woodwork and want to call attention to it paint it a slightly different color than the walls
- Yvonne and Kelly like white walls and white trim. The trim in a gloss or semi gloss.
- Watch out for using two different shades of white. Sometimes when two whites are paired together one can look dingy.
Connie S has lots of orange-toned wood in her house and WHAT STEPS DO YOU TAKE TO TONE DOWN THE ORANGE?
- A Maker's Studio Gel Stain. Paint on and brush off and you have a gorgeous new finish! You can see it HERE and see the wood cleaner HERE
- and see the Rescue and Restore paint HERE.
- paint your floors white
- hide the orange toned floors with sisal rugs
Tonya P wants to know HOW TO HANDLE BEDSIDE LIGHTS IN A TODDLE'S BEDROOM WITH BUNKS
- clip on lamps are the answer see it HERE
- hang creative lights from the ceiling like these HERE and HERE
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH MISMATCHED SWITCH PLATES?
- YES, they all should match
- YES, plastic is fine
- paint your switch plates to match your walls
- you can match metal switch plates
Subscribe so you never miss an episode. Feel free to drop us a line and let us know what you think of the podcast or with any questions. Our email is [email protected]
Have a wonderful day!!
Anita, Yvonne and Kelly
This post contains affiliate links