Now more than ever we need to be happy in our homes!
It is your home, so it's important that you are happy, content and enjoy living there. Here are our tips to be content with your home and to make everyday life in your home a joy.
Here are our tips to be content with your home and to make everyday life in your home a joy.
- keep your house tidy
- keep the clutter at bay
- keep it picked up
- start some new habits to keep it clean.
- clutter causes stress - bring every room back to 'ready'
- make your bed
- display some sentimental items or favorite collections around your home
- Focus on things you can take with you, if you think you are moving, but there is no need to ignore your home if you are moving.
- think about the positives about your home, rather than the negatives. what drew you to it in the first place?
- fix the things that are broken
- make sure you have a comfortable mattress and seating
- add beauty to your every day life. So if that kitchen sponge looks so gross you don't want to touch it, toss it! get a new sponge!
- make sure you have some nice things to use for your daily routine
- add a special area for relaxing, reading, a cup of tea or listening to music
- use essential oils in your home.
- make your bedroom into a retreat
- invite people over, entertain and have fun in your home
- start a gratitude journal record a happy memory at the end of each day
- don't have a temporary attitude about your home. Make it homey even if you don't plan to stay forever
- don't compare your home with the ones you see on Pinterest and Instagram
- replace an uncomfortable sofa or mattress
Find Kelly's laundry room redo HERE.
Here are the links to specific products mentioned in the podcast. These may contain affiliate links.
pretty dishwashing gloves HERE
nice dishwashing brush HERE
nice handled glassware sponge HERE
Kelly is crushing on these driving shoes driving shoes HERE
Anita had a great experience buying a car at carmax HERE
Need help with your home? We'd love to help! We do personalized consults, and we'll offer advice specific to your room that typically includes room layout ideas, suggestions for what the room needs, and how to pull the room together. We'll also help you to decide what isn't working for you. We work with any budget, large or small. Find out more HERE
Hang out with us between episodes at our blogs, IG and Kelly's YouTube channels. Links are below to all those places to catch up on the other 6 days of the week!
Are you subscribed to the podcast? Don't need to search for us each Wednesday let us come right to your door ...er...device. Subscribe wherever you listen to your podcasts. Just hit the SUBSCRIBE button & we'll show up!
Kelly and Anita